Twisted Fiber Rope Kiln Fusible Multi Strand by the Foot
- Ships in 48 hours (Mon -Fri) except US Holidays
Fusible Refractory Fiber Rope used to create fused glass shapes!
Kiln Fire Refractory Fiber Rope is used to create dimensional kiln fired glass work. Use it in layers to create glass shapes and reliefs. Place it between glass layers to create an opening. When handled carefully, can be kiln fired more than once.
We could not resist, shaping it into our G for our company name in the photo. (-:
- Purchase it by the foot (12 inches = 30.48 cm)
- 3 strand twisted, each strand is 1/8 inch Thick (3.175 mm)
- Withstands temperatures up to 2300 degrees F (1260 degrees C)
- Contains an organic binder which burns off at 1250 degrees F (677 degrees C)
- During burn-off the kiln and studio must be well ventilated
- Used to create fused glass shapes, fired under your glass or hold an opening or provide spacing in fused glass projects or jewelry. Then simply thread thru you necklace, wire or chain to hang your favorite fused glass artwork!
- Each main rope twist is comprised of many other smaller ropes. Just un-twisted to get the desired Diameter or even re-twist individual strands to desires diameter and texture.
- You can wet the rope to get it to conform to the desired shape and let dry before layering glass over it. It is recommend not soak or rinse well in order to maintain the release factor.
- You can dip in Kiln Wash and shape it to desired form
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: ALWAYS wear a mask when using refractory rope fire and especially when cleaning up and/or kiln fiber paper, after firing it in your kiln, because you do not want to breath in the ceramic dust! These refractory fiber papers when heated above 1800 degrees F (982 degrees C) transform to Cristobalite, a form of crystaline silica, which may cause lung injury. Does not contain asbestos.