Fusible Fiber Strips 1/8 - 1/16 Thick Kiln Shelf Paper
- Item is eligible for Free US Shipping or 10% off International
Fusible Fiber Strips are 1/8 or 1/16 Thick Kiln Shelf Paper. 4 fiber strips that are 2 inches wide and 24 inches long. Combined that gives you 8 feet fiber strip separators to create your hot glass.
This fusing supply is very versatile. Choose from 1/8 or 1/16 inch thick.
- Line your Stainless Steel rings and formers
- Use them with your pot melts or frit casting
- Separate and create your own color bars
- Make your own fused glass pendant bails
- Create dimensional kiln fired glass work
- Make a layered glass shapes and reliefs.
- Place it between glass layers to create an opening.
- When handled carefully, can be kiln fired more than once.
This thicker fiber paper is a lightweight refractory material processed from high purity alumina-silica fibers. Withstands temperatures up to 2300 degrees F (1260 degrees C). Contains an organic binder which burns off at 1250 degrees F (677 degrees C). During burn-off the kiln and studio must be well ventilated. These refractory fiber papers when heated above 1800 degrees F (982 degrees C) transform to Cristobalite, a form of crystalline silica, which may cause lung injury. Does not contain asbestos.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: ALWAYS wear a mask when using thin fire and especially when cleaning it up after firing it in your kiln because you do not want to breath in the ceramic dust!.