Glass Tool - Diamond Glass Grinding Pads Hand Held
- Ships in 48 hours (Mon -Fri) except US Holidays
Glass Tool Diamond Glass Grinding Pads
A Hand Held essential item for your fused glass studio. Great to remove a burrs and round edges. For frit casted glass it will be a tool in your arselnal that will frequently.
Long lasting electroplated diamond hand pads are made of quality diamonds and adhesives to ensure consistent wear. Can be used to hone and/or polish materials such as quartz, glass, ceramics, composites and carbides. Hand pads feature unique diamond patterns so that they remain sharper longer. Color coded for easy identification.
- 3 Piece Set.
- Color coded grits: blue (coarse 180); yellow (medium,260); red (fine,360).
- Their ideal hand size allows for easy holding or can be easily be clamped down.
- Use wet or dry.
- Three layers of diamonds are nickel bonded to a heavy-duty alloy steel frame.
- Diamond hand-pads work great on marble, glass, hand polishing, glass kiln, and ceramic.
- Working with hand pads is usually time consuming, but it also affords a feel and an intimacy with the glass that's not usually possible with more elaborate tools.
- As with most grinding and polishing operations, a typical job calls for using a succession of grits, from coarse to fine.
- Diamond hand pads are color coded.
- Start with 180 grit, then proceeds to 260, and 360.
- Usually 600 grit is about as fine as people use with hand pads on glass; this won't leave a highly polished surface, but it will leave a nice satin sheen.
- Regardless of the grit you're using, be very cautious if you're working close to areas that you don't want to work with the hand pads.
- The pads will quickly scratch shiny surfaces.